Cocomat Mat Features & Benefits
- 100% natural
- Every element is biodegradable and compostable – from cot bed to flower bed!
- Hypo-allergenic and anti-dust mite
- Machine washable
- Naturally Fire retardant – no chemical additives or fire retardants used, and still meets US, UK and EU Fire Regulations
- Eco-packaging that is 100% biodegradable and recyclable
- Made of organic lambswool, coconut coir, and cotton cover
- All organic materials are certified by a recognised body such as the Soil Association or Control Union
- Mattresses are made by hand in our purpose built factory at Topsham in Devon, England.
- Breathable and provides natural ventilation for cooling and heating – Does not absorb heat or moisture — this prevents your baby from overheating.
- All our raw materials come from 100% renewable and sustainable sources that comply with Fair Trade policies.
- Anti-Allergy and Anti-bed bug – a treatment of lemon, eucalyptus and lavender makes our lambswool anti-dust mite, anti moth and anti-mosquito.
- Has natural spring and support ensures good posture and support through growth
- Most materials are locally sourced, which helps keep the carbon footprint of your mattress low.
More information about the materials used:
Our organic lambswool comes from Soil Association certified farms in Devon, Dorset and Somerset. It is processed, then we add an extract of essential oils – lavender, lemon and eucalyptus to make it anti-dust mite, anti-bed bug and anti-moth.Wool is also a natural fire retardant so all our tufting’s are chemical free.
Coir (coconut fibre) is the prime ingredient in our mattresses. Only Naturalmat uses certified organic coir and it is sourced from the only certified organic coconut plantation in the world. Our coir is made to the precise sizes and density that we need and then is shipped direct to us in Devon. Coir ensures unbeatable airflow, superior spring and excellent support to promote healthy, natural sleep.
All our cotton is grown according to Fair Trade policies and is certified by Control Union to GOTS standards. Organic cotton does not use harmful pesticides and is therefore free from all chemicals. Cotton has a unique ability to ventilate and wick away humidity and perspiration enabling the body to keep an even temperature.
Mattress Care Instructions
Outer covers are removable and can be machine washed at 60°C.
What makes Naturalmat mattresses so good?
Our mattresses are free of all chemicals and synthetic materials to give you every reassurance that your baby has a safe, comfortable and healthy start to life. The mattresses are breathable, chemical free, non-allergenic and more durable than any other baby mattress you can buy.
Do Naturalmat mattresses have a plastic cover?
No, we cover our mattresses with a cotton calico cover and then add another cover of an unbleached herringbone for maximum breathability and comfort. The cover is removable and machine washable at 60ºC. Most existing baby mattresses have a plastic cover, which prevents air circulating through the mattress increasing the chances of the baby overheating. It is not only dangerous for a baby to overheat but also cause discomfort and disrupted sleep.
How do I clean the mattress?
If the bed linen is penetrated and the mattress cover is sullied then remove it and machine wash it at 60ºC to kill any bacteria. All of our protectors and sheets are machine washable at 60ºC for maximum hygiene (bacteria and dust mites are killed at 57ºC).
Do I need a mattress protector? What bed linen do I need?
For babies, we recommend that you protect your mattress with one of our mattress protectors with a cotton sheet on top. The combination should absorb any sick, drool, moisture etc. If the mattress cover is ever soiled then remove it and machine wash it at 60ºC to kill any germs. Bacteria and dust mites are killed at 57ºC.